Mar 3, 2011

March 3, 2011 Letter

This week has been one of the most intense weeks of my whole life!!!!

It all started on Friday.  We had just finished with our last appointment and got home around 9:20. As we were getting out of the car we heard two gun shots!!!  Sister Robinson and I jumped back into the car and just looked at each other!  We were both shocked and scared!  I started yelling, "what should I do?  I'm calling 911 okay?!  I'm going to call!?!"  We started getting back out of the car and heard some man yelling "I'm dying!  I'm dying!  Help me!!!"  We were so confused on what was going on we jumped back into the car and i just kept saying "Should I call, I'm going to call.Should I call?"  We once again got out of the car and as we did sister Robinson turned around and saw two people running away!  We then run through the breeze way of our apartments to the alley way behind our house.  As we came to the other side we met up with two men from the other apartment complex, they were already on the phone with 911 so I hung up the phone.  We could still here the man yelling for help!  I seriously was so scared!!  It was like a bad movie!  One of the men ran up the stairs and yelled, "There is blood everywhere!"  Not really thinking the rest of us sprinted up the stairs. by this point the man on the phone was freaking out so Sis. Robinson grabbed the phone from him!  She started giving directions and explaining what was going on. As I reached the doorway, the first thing I saw was a huge pile of blood everywhere!!!  It was just like I was in one of those crime scene movies.  Blood really was everywhere and there was a streek of blood from where the man had crawled into the back room.  All i could think about was how on T.V shows they say you should never go into the house of a crime like that!  One of the other guys had already run in, and so I just started yelling instructions on how to help the guy.  I told him to keep the man coherent and to put a lot of pressure on his neck.  He had been shot twice in the groin and then his neck had been cut!  The cops got there pretty soon after that and they took the man to the hospital!  They took my companion and I to the police station!  I totally rode in the back of a cop car for the first time in my life!  We had to wait for hours for the detectives to finally get there.  They then took us into different rooms and questioned us.  It was like being on an episode of 24, but without the torture.  They finally let us leave around midnight.  Our mission president had been informed of what had happened and had arranged for us to stay with the bishop for the night.  I'm so thankful that we weren't hurt in this whole process and that we were out of the way of the killers as they ran away from the house!

The rest of this week has been pretty crazy just because of that whole thing!  They haven't caught the people who did it yet and so they don't want us to go home.  We have been staying with a family here in Roswell until they can find us a new apartment!  So if you send me any letters send them to my Lubbock mission office:

Sentry III Plaza
5214 68th St. Ste 202
Lubbock, Texas 79424

They can forward them to me.  Anyways that whole experience has seemed to change the rest of the week!  Other cool things happened but nothing that tops that!  I Hope everything is going well with everyone!  I'd love to get some letters from the little kids!  I haven't really heard from them in a while!  I sure hope everything is going well!!!

Besides this crazy stuff!!  We have been able to meet one new family!  The parents aren't very interested, but they are okay with us teaching their kids. The whole neighborhood gathers when we come. Its kind of funny.  There is Daniel (20), Desrai (14), and Ruby (8). They are all really interested.  On top of it Daniels friend Silveo (18) is really interested!!!  He told us that he really wanted to know if there was a god and as soon as he did he would be baptized that same day!  I'm really excited for him.  We also teach their neighbor Adreinne (11). He's really interested, but i'm not sure if his parents would be okay with him getting baptized.  It's really cool to be teaching pretty much a whole street!  I am excited to see what comes of it and I will keep you all updated!

This week Carlynn's dog had puppies!!!  We got to see them the day they were born!!  They are just so stinkin cute!!  Hope would love them!  They are half Shitzo and half something else that looks like a shitzo! ha ha i forget what it's called.  But they are just so tiny and cute!

I am excited for this next week!  We are hoping to set a date with another family!  The mom is a member but her two girls aren't.  I'll let you know how it goes!  This is also the last week for transfers!  I can't believe how fast time flies!  I will let you know if they transfer me or not next Wednesday!  I will be really sad if they move me!  Even through all the crazy stuff, I really love the people here!  i definitely don't want to go!  Oh well, I know The Lord knows whats best for me...Just know I  miss ya all tons!!!  I know your prayers have kept me safe this week!  I love you tons and miss ya!  Have a good week and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment