Jul 14, 2011

July 14, 2011 Letter

Okay so crazy changes this week!!!  I am no longer in Clovis, New Mexico!   I am now in Amarillo, Texas!  YAY for Texas!!!!  So a lot has happened as you can tell in the last week.  It was SO hard to say goodbye to all of the people in Clovis.  It's amazing how quickly you can fall in love with people.  I think the hardest person to say goodbye to was Dale and LuAnn Todd.  LuAnn has a baptismal date for July 23rd.  And when I told her that I was leaving she started to cry.  So I started to cry, and it was just one big crying mess.  I'm going to miss her so much!  My heart is so sad to leave, but so happy to see how excited and determined she is to get baptized.  There are some amazing things happening in Clovis, New Mexico.   Conner Harris is also getting baptized next Wednesday.  I get to call him before he gets baptized to wish him luck!  There is also a couple, Kody and Tatum who are getting baptized in the next few weeks. Sister Peavler has promised to take lots of pictures for me so as soon as she sends them to me I will mail copies home. I am so thankful for the time that I had to serve in Clovis. I learned so much about myself and things that I want for my future. I learned a lot about families and the importance of them.  Clovis will always have a special place in my heart!

Okay so Amarillo!  I got the call on Saturday night to tell me where I was going.  I was called as senior companion and told who my companion was going to be.  Guess who it is...Sister Hamaker!!  My MTC companion!!!  Crazy right?!  Well we were both shocked to be serving with each other again so soon, but I know that it will be awesome!  We are white-washing into the Amarillo 2nd ward.  White-washing just means that we go in without another missionary who has already been in the area. So we pretty much have to start from scratch trying to figure out the area and getting to know all the members and investigators. It will be good though.  I think we have a lot of potential here, so I'm excited for the next few weeks.  Also big new, I get to drive now!!  And...I got a truck!  It's pretty sweet.  I mean really though it's Texas. You can't serve in Texas without a truck! Ha Ha  Navigation has been rough the last few days, but the Zone Leaders lent us their GPS so that's helped a lot.  I might have to eventually invest in my own.  I don't know how I will be able to figure out the area without it.

Well that's about all the big news that I have as of right now.  I guess just some random things about Amarillo.  It's Humid! Really Humid. Ha but it's okay cause in a weird way I really like it!  Um, yep that's about all that I know. Ha Ha I've only been here two days so hopefully next week I will know more about this place.  Well I hope things are going super great back home!  From the sounds of it they are going great.   Make sure you send letters to my new address:

2700 W. 16th Ave.. #143
Amarillo, TX 79102

Well I love you all and hope to hear from you soon! Stay safe!

Love Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment