Jul 23, 2011

July 21, 2011 Letter

Well this week has been a crazy one, just trying to get to know the area better.  We still get lost sometimes, but I'm getting better. 
Let's see, things are kind of slow here too.  I'm with Mitchell that it is kind of frustrating sometimes.  This past Sunday was a whole new experience for me.  On our ward roster we have about 700+ members, and at church less then 50 showed up.  It was really small.  We didn't have any investigators come, which was new for me cause I have never had a Sunday that we didn't have at least one or two people come.  I guess that just means more work for us.  There is a ton of potential here though.  Last week we were able to find 5 new investigators.  Two of them are from Persia.  They are pretty cool people.  They gave us some Persian candy and it was pretty good.  I love candy so I was pretty excited!  We also have two people who are getting baptized on August 6th.  We are both pretty excited about that.  Both Sara and Brandon are excited too.  They're biggest hold up is that they are having a hard time getting work off on Sundays.  We are praying for them a lot so that their baptism goes through.

Even though I'm no longer in Clovis, Clovis has had an awesome week too!!  Conner Harris got baptized last night and LuAnn Todd is getting baptized on Saturday!  I get to call both of them and congratulate them so I'm supper excited about that!  I'm so proud of both of them for making so many changes in their life to follow the Savior!  I love both of them lots!!!

Okay so dad asked a lot of questions so I'll try to answer them now:

1. We are staying at an apartment complex.  The complex itself is pretty nice, but we have these little bugs all over the kitchen so that's no Bueno.  It's pretty small just one bedroom, one bathroom, but it's good in enough for what we need.  I really like the neighborhood too.  It's pretty central to a lot of the stuff we need.

2. We cover just one ward and one stake.  It's the Amarillo stake and I know that there are four wards plus a Spanish "group" in the city of Amarillo itself, but there are many other wards in the outlying cities.   We are in the 2nd ward, which is almost all of the Eastern side of Amarillo.  I will try to send you a copy of our mission boundaries so you can see where I've served.

3. We don't really get to go to the temple very often here.  If you aren't in Lubbock you can go once every six months if you can find a member to drive you.  If you are serving in Lubbock you can go once every transfer.  So that's really nice.  But I haven't been since that last trip.  Which was maybe in April?

4. Our truck is a ford Colorado LT.  It's not the biggest Texas truck ever, but I like it!  It's cool to be able to drive the truck.  Even though my companion and I have been out the same amount of time, I'm the only one assigned to drive it.  Just cause they only put so missionaries on the insurance and so they just assign one person to drive all the time.

5. I still have my bike!  We actually use them a lot!  We will just load them into the back of the truck park in a certain area and just bike all day there.  It really helps us save miles on our car, and on top of that we get to talk to more people that way.

6. Lucky for me I haven't really gotten sick.  I got sick my second transfer out in Roswell, but since then I've felt great!

7. Yes it is very hot here!!  It is averaging 103.  But it's more humid so that makes it even harder.  But I love the heat so I can't really complain to much.  I like it!


Well I think that's about it.  If you guys have more questions just ask!!!  I hope you know how much I love all of you!  I pray for you all the time and hope things are going great!  Can't wait to hear back from all of you!

Love Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment