Jul 7, 2011

July 7, 2011 Letter

So this last week has been crazy busy!  We have had so many miracles this last week or so...

Okay so I'm going to start with Thursday.  Every Thursday we go and see the Harris Family!  This is such an awesome family!  They are all baptized except for their youngest son Conner, who is turning nine in about a month.  We have been teaching them each week, and we are hoping that Conner gets baptized really soon.  I just had to give them a shout out cause I love them so much!

Then on Saturday Neira, Mimi, and Toby all got baptized in Roswell!!! Woot Woot!!!   I was so happy for all of them!   I was able to call and talk to Norma (the mom) and congratulate all of them.  There whole story is just such a miracle.  We first found them in my first week out in the mission field.  They ended up being out of town for a while so they weren't able to get baptized until now.  But this family is Solid!!  They are all just rock stars and I am so happy for them!

Sunday was also a great day.  As you all know it was fast Sunday this last week.  Well one of our investigators, LuAnn, came for the first time to church this last Sunday.  That same day a man from the Roswell ward, Brother Kopp, came up to Clovis to celebrate is 41st anniversary of being a member of the church.  During testimony meeting Brother Kopp stood up to bear his testimony.  He told his story about originally being a member of the Church of Christ, (the same church that LuAnn has been a part of), and how he came to know that the church was true.  It was such a powerful testimony.  Then at the end he looked right and LuAnn and her husband Dale, pointed at them and said "I want you two to know that this church is true!!" I think everyone in the audience got chills.  It was just so spiritual.  After Church LuAnn told me that she had prayed about getting baptized on the 23rd and she said that it was already on her calendar!  That she loved the feeling that she got at church!  It's crazy to see how God will place people right where they need to be. How LuAnn and Dale were able to hear the testimonies that could touch them the most!  So anyway...I'm stoked for her baptism!  It will be awesome.

Monday was the fourth of July!  I LOVE holidays!!!!  :)  We first went and had a big pancake breakfast over at the church.  There was a pretty good turn out and we even had some investigators who came.  Then we went home to prepare for "the big day."  we had heard lots of rumors about how the huge event of the year was going to be talking place right outside of our apartment.  So we gathered together every book of Mormon we could find and loaded our pockets with mormon.org cards and headed out.  Well it turned out to be a total bust.  Ha Ha Okay total bust wouldn't be the right word, cause we were able to talk to one of the security guys who wants to learn more and we found a less active family who just moved back and wants to start coming to church.  So that was great, but really the carnival wasn't really busy.  The time when it would be getting busy wouldn't be until after six.  so that was no good, cause all missionaries had to be in their apartments at six on the fourth of July. so around four we headed down to Roswell to hang out with the rest of the sisters from our Zone.  While I was in Roswell I was able to stop by and see Chery Sales. One of our recent converts.  It was so good to see her!  I just love her to death.  Then we went to my old apartment and played uno all night and then watched the city fireworks.  That night we all had a big sleep over with all the sisters.  It was a lot of fun, because each of us had at one point served with at least two of the sisters there.  We all just shared our mission stories and had a blast!   The next morning we all woke up early and headed to Zone Conference to meet our new mission president.  President and Sister Augustin seem really nice.  It's really weird and different getting a new mission president but i'm excited to see the work continue to progress.

Then yesterday we had the most amazing lesson Ever with a couple named Kody and Tatum!  I have never, in my whole life, met anyone who was as prepared to hear the gospel then these two were!  We taught about the Plan of Salvation and they just ate it all up!  They had so many questions and just couldn't wait to hear more.  i think we could have stayed there till midnight just talking about the gospel!  I love them so much!  I'm so thankful that God prepares his children and then puts us right where they need us.  We are meeting with them again on Sunday and I'm sure that lesson will be just as great if not better!   Agh!!  I just LOVE being a missionary.

So this next week is definitely going to be a crazy one!  This is the last week of the transfers and there will be some big changes coming.  We are loosing three sisters, and getting in five new ones.  Over half of our sister missionaries now have only been out for five months or less. It is going to be super crazy to see what happens.  There is a chance that I might not be in Clovis next week.  I really hope I don't leave cause I love it here so much.  But I also know that God knows what's best and he knows where we are needed the most. 

I'm so thankful for this opportunity that I have to serve!   I love it so much!  I love the gospel so much!  I wouldn't trade this opportunity for anything in the world. I want you all to know how much I love and care about each one of you!  I really look forward to your letters, they really give me that boost that I need to keep going sometimes.  I pray for all of you all the time.  I hope everything is going well for each of you!   I love you all tons.

Love always,

Sister Tracy  

No comments:

Post a Comment