Sep 12, 2011

September 8, 2011 Letter

Well I hit my eight month mark the other day!  It's crazy how fast time goes by!  I will be home before any of you even know it.  This week has been good.  I have officially decided that the weather here is bipolar.  Last weekend it was an average of 103.  Then the next day it was 62.  Then the day after that it was in the 80s.  It just can't make up it's mind.  There is a saying here, "that if you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes, it will change."  It's totally true.  The weather has evened out for the most part staying around the 80s.  It's been really great to ride our bikes and walk around, cause it's not too hot. 

The work here is going great.  Sister Lao is a great companion and we are always laughing about something.   We have just been teaching a few people, and trying to get a few new investigators.  We tried to set a baptismal date with a younger man last night, but he said he wasn't ready.  We will just keep teaching him.  I know that it will happen eventually on his own time and on the the Lord's time.

This week I have been thinking a lot about helping those around us.  Elder Quentin L. Cook gave a talk called, "Hope ya Know, we had a Hard Time."  In it he talks about the trials that life will through at us.  How many times the approach that we have in our prayers is that of, "hope ya know, I'm having a hard time."  He talks about how the atonement can heal all of our trials.  How our lives can be fully healed when we put all of our trust in the Lord.  Knowing that he is going to carry us through.   Elder Cook also talks about our prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  Last year for his birthday he was asked what would be the ultimate birthday gift.  His answer was, "Do something nice, for someone that is having a hard time."  Our prophet is such a great example of serving those around us.  As we help those that are also having a hard time we start to forget our own challenges in life.  We can feel the peace and joy that comes through serving others.  I definitely know that when we serve those around us that we will start to recognize the blessings in our own lives.  Our burdens will become light.

I hope you all know how much I love you!   I miss you all so much and am thankful for your constant support and love.  I pray for you all the time.  I hope that life is awesome! 

Love Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment