Sep 22, 2011

September 22, 2011 Letter

This week was so crazy busy and so many crazy miracles happened!

Okay the first and foremost miracle is that both Matt and Abby are baptized!  Yes, like officially baptized!!!  They were both baptized on Sunday the 18!  Super unexpected, but we were so happy about it!  Last Friday we went over with our ward mission leader to start planning their baptism..find out who was going to talk, baptized them, etc...  We started the lesson by talking about the importance of prayer and staying strong especially these next few weeks because Satan will be working extra hard on them.  As we told them this they both just looked at us and said, "let's do it tomorrow!"  We were so excited and happy for them!  I know that the Lord has really been working on them this last week and was preparing them and helping them realize how they needed the gospel in their lives!  So we had to get everything together quickly, and on Sunday they were baptized.  There was a great turn out from the ward and they had a lot of support!  We are so excited for them!  They will be confirmed this Sunday and I'm sure that will be great as well!!

Let's see...Something else that I've come to discover this week is just the importance of communication!   With out communication, whether it be between missionaries, leaders, the ward, investigators, or even with our Heavenly Father, nothing can really happen until we can learn to communicate with each other.  Communication is key.  Without it nothing can ever really be accomplished.  It's definitely something that I need to work on, but I know that as I do missionary work will become easier, and my life will become better.

The rest of the week has been kind of slow.  But I know that there are a lot of people here in Lubbock who are being prepared to receive the gospel.  It's just a matter of finding them. 

Well that's about it for the missionary work aspect of it!  Um...So I am pretty sad to hear about my Cougars!   Sounds like I'm not missing a whole lot.  I think this is maybe a good year to miss all their games.  Hopefully when I come back they will have all stepped it up!  Being in Texas during football season has been rough!  All I want to do is just watch football!  Ha Ha

Well I miss you all a lot!  I'm glad to hear that things are going well back home!  If you need anything Just let me know!   Any questions just ask!   Well I love you all a lot! 

Love Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment