Oct 17, 2011

October 13, 2011 Letter

October is already half way over!  How crazy is that?   Well this week has been good.  We've been able to teach a lot of lessons this week.  I know that the Lord is blessing us with people to teach.  This week we have been focusing on studying the "The Gospel of Christ-The Missionary Purpose."  It really makes me so thankful to have the gospel in our lives.  We have such a blessing to be able to take this gospel to people around the world.  I think we forget that sometimes. 

Next week we are having Zone Conference and we are going to be visited by Elder David S. Baxter of the 1st quorum of the 70.  I'm pretty excited for it.  I will take good notes and let you all know how it goes next week.

Okay so this week we had a fun thing happen.  Our stake held a "Share Fair."  The Share Fair was a two day event.  On Friday people from three different wards brought all the things that they didn't want any more.  Kinda like garage/yard sale stuff.  But there was everything from furniture, to kitchen, to crafts, to clothes. Pretty much everything you could think of.  We organized it on Friday and there was seriously so much stuff!!! Almost every room in the building including the gym was packed with stuff.  Then on Saturday they opened the doors, and members and their friends came in and took what they needed.  Everything was FREE!!  So needless to say it was packed!   Then around four we put a sign outside for the public saying that everything was free!  We had a good turn out and a lot of the stuff was taken, but we had a ton of leftovers too.  The Salvation Army brought a huge moving truck and we filled it full with all the leftovers.  It was quite the project, but I know that it really helped a lot of the families out.  Sister Lao and I worked at it the last shift on Saturday, so we went through the left overs and found some pretty sweet stuff!!!  Sister Lao got this awesome Christmas dress that has a vest attached to it!  Ha Ha And I was able to get this pretty sweet Mexican looking vest thing!  I love it!   I can't wait to come home from my mission and wear it all the time! :)  I will have to send pictures of all of our awesome finds next week.

Well that's about all the news I have for this week!   I hope you know that I love you all so much!!   My prayers are with you!  Stay strong and don't forget to rely on the Lord! 

Love Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment