Oct 10, 2011

October 6, 2011 Letter

So Yesterday was officially my 9 month mark!   Crazy right?!?!  It's weird to think that I'm about half way done.  Time just goes by too quickly. I took some pretty sweet pictures to celebrate my 9 months out.  I send one with this email so hopefully you enjoy it! :) This has been a busy week because of transfers.  I'm staying here in Lubbock with my companion.  But we got five new sisters in.  Two of them were coming from the Salt Lake City, Temple Square mission.  One of them was from Brazil and the other from Bolivia.  We had the privilege of taking them out with us for the day.  I seriously learned so much from these two in just the few hours that I was able to spend with them.  Their testimonies were So strong.  They really made me want to be a better missionary.

This next transfer is going to be a great one.  We are really excited for the work to take off here even more. 

Conference was great!!!  We got to watch all of the sessions including the Relief Society Session.  I look forward to hearing conference each year.  I know that it is such a blessing to be able to have a living prophet today who can lead and guide us in the things that we need to know.  Many people here don't see a need for a living prophet...not because we don't need one, but because they think the Bible is all we will ever have for guidance.  But something that I have come to love, is the knowledge that our Heavenly Father loves us each so much.  Yes; the Bible can help us and teach us timeless truths, but the world is changing and we need that constant guidance for the things that are coming in our times today.  God has always called prophets in the past and it wouldn't make sense for him to stop now that the world is going out of control.  I'm so thankful that we can hear the words of our prophet Thomas S. Monson, and then go to our Heavenly Father in prayer to know if he really does lead and guide this church.  Each of us needs to have our own testimonies of prophets today.  When we do have our own testimonies we will see that life becomes easier.  We want to obey the commandments, not out of obligation, but because we know the blessings that come from following our leaders.  I'm SO thankful for the fullness of the gospel in my life and the joy and the peace it brings me.

One other thing that I saw this week that I loved was a video found on "youth.lds.org."  If you scroll down the home page, on the right hand side you will see a tab for "videos."  Click on it and then scroll down till you see the video of some football players.  The title of the video is, "Sanctify yourselves."  It was a very touching story about a boy who was struck by lightning while playing football.  While is coaches tried to save his life, the assistant coach held this boys head in his hands.  The assistant coach had just turned 18 and had been ordained to the office of an Elder.  At that moment he remembered that he had been called and set apart as one holding the priesthood, or the power of God on earth.  As they continued to work on the young boy, the assistant coach gave him a blessing...It saved his life.   It made me think of my three brothers.  It made me think, that if one of my brothers had been hit by lightning, that there would be someone, who was worthy, who could give them one of those blessings.  We never know when "lightning can strike."  and in that moment we must be prepared to do whatever we can to "save a life."  It inspired me to make sure I am spiritually prepared.  You never know what life can throw at you and if you have not prepared, when that time of need comes, you will not be ready.   I hope that each of you can take five minutes of your time to watch this video!  It was great!  And then do whatever it is you need to, to prepare yourself for the things that life has in store for you.


Well I love you all so much, I hope all is going well!!

Love Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment