Feb 4, 2011

February 4, 2011 - Letter

This week has been really good but also really cold!!!!!  It has been an average of -5 degrees all week!!!  I might not make it home cuz i think i'm going to freeze to death! ha ha  Other than the cold life has just been great!
 
We went to teach a lady named Norma last night.  She was a convert years ago but doesn't remember anything about the church.  As we were talking to her she just seemed luke-warm about us. But her daughters were soaking it all in!!!!  Her daughters are 16 and 13. Their phones even kept ringing and they just ignored them, they were so excited to hear about the gospel.  When we were trying to set up another time to see them. The oldest daughter Neira (pronounced Neida)  wanted us to come back so soon!  Ha It was just so great to see their excitement written all over their faces!  I love being a missionary! 

One thing that I have learned on my mission is to really follow the spirit.  Sometimes we ask ourselves if it's us or the holy ghost.  I have come to discover that it really doesn't matter. If it's a good thing just do it!  God will do the rest!  On Monday we went over to a referrals home.  We had all intentions to teach the couple, but as we were invited into their home we discovered that they were "celebrating" because the wife had gotten a new job.  They couple was semi-drunk. ha ha  we told them we would come back but they insisted that we teach them right then and pretty much dragged us inside.  As we told them about the gospel and about the church the couple had many questions.  Most of which I'm sure they didn't remember our answers to, but they had a friend over (who wasn't drinking) and he was sincerely interested.  He asked us about the book of Mormon, and told me he couldn't wait to hear more!  He asked his drunk friends if he could borrow their copy to read.  Well I whipped out a spare copy and told him that it was his.  His whole face was glowing!  We went over with intentions to teach a certain person, but as God would have it he placed their friend there at that precise time so that he could hear the message he had been waiting for.  God really does work in mysterious ways!

We are also teaching a part-member family.  The wife is a member and desperately wants to go through the temple.  Her husband was ify about getting baptized.  He felt like the previous missionaries were trying to shove it down his throat!  In our last lesson with him, you could see the change in him. We taught him about the plan of salvation!  He became so excited.  I feel like he is so close to being baptized!  We are going to challenge him next week to get baptized on Feb.26th!  I know that it will be because of the faith of his wonderful wife that he will get baptized!  She prays so much for him and is committed to never loose the gospel from her life, even if she has to do it alone.  I know God doesn't ever leave us alone. and I can see her husband coming around. I know that he has been touched by the things we have shared with him and because of it her sincere prayers will be answered!

Some times I see young men and even women who are questioning about going on a mission.  To the young men, I'd say just suck it up and go!!  ha ha And to the women I'd say that it is the most amazing thing you could ever do in your life!!!  but one thing that I would tell them is to just take that step.  Years ago I watched a movie about a woman who was an amazing diver!  She was training for the Olympics when she had an accident and became blind.  She knew how to dive and she knew what she had to do to make it perfect, but that fear of not being able to see below her was scary.  Eventually she got the courage to climb that huge ladder and dive.  She ended up winning a medal at the Olympics!!  I think that's how life is sometimes!  We know what we should do and how to do it, but we cant always see below us.  We know it's going to work out, and it may bring us eventually a Gold medal but talking that first blind step is hard.  We know where to start and how it will end...You just have to have the faith, and let God carry you in between.
 
I am so thankful for the support and the love that has been shown to me!!!  I love you all so much!  I am so thankfuly for your letters!  I really look forward to getting them.  I still pray for you everyday and hope everything is just going great!!!!  The church is still true! :)
 
Love ya forever!
 
Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment