Jun 30, 2011

Melinda's June 30, 2011 Letter

Holy Cow!!!  It is already the last day of June!   Agh!!!  Where has all the time gone!?!   It's weird to think that in about a year I will be home.  TIme just needs to slow down a little bit.

Well things are going so great here in Clovis.  This week has been a crazy one full of changes and exciting adventures. 
Adventure #1:  I got to help make wedding flower arrangements with one of our investigators.  She is making the arrangements for a wedding that is on the 4th of July.  I loved it!!!!! I think it is something that I'd love to do as a side job when I get home!  I really enjoyed it.
Adventure #2: I completely chopped off my hair this week!!!  I know, crazy right!?!  I officially have short hair. Ha Ha I will have to send you a picture.
Adventure #3: We officially have a new mission president.  President Robison is on a plane as we speak.  Our new presidents name is President Augustin.  I got to talk to him on the phone last night and he sounds like a really great guy!!
Adventure #4:  Clovis had a "Mircoburst" the other day.  A microburst is like a mini tornado.  There wasn't too much damage.  It got one farm pretty bad, and knocked out a power line for a while but no one got hurt.
Well I'm sure I could come up with lots more adventures, but that's all I've got for now.  Like I said this week has been a crazy one.  One thing that we have been experiencing here in Clovis is hearing tons of stories about how crazy the world is.  There is one lady that we were teaching who was telling us about a horrible experience that happened to that niece. Her niece lives in Mexico.  She was walking home from work with five of her other friends, when the soldiers (who were fighting in the drug wars) kidnapped them.  They were all raped and killed.  Her niece's life was spared, because she had a history of seizures.  She went into a seizure and they thought she was dead, so they didn't kill her.  They then threw all the bodies on the side of a deserted road. Eventually her nieces' seizure stopped and she was able to sneak home.  They now have to keep her hidden now so that the soldiers don't see her alive.   We have heard stories like this all week long, but the sad thing is that they are everywhere, not just in other countries. It really has weighed down on our hearts.  It's sad to see what the world is coming to.  Although the world is getting worse and worse it's good to find a comfort in knowing that our Heavenly Father never leaves us.  He is constantly by our side, pushing us to move forward in the face of adversity.  We just need to have the faith that things are going to work together for our good.  I'm so thankful for the gospel in my life.  It really does give me the guidance and support that I need in my life.  Life would be miserable without it.  I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the gospel!!!

Thank you for all of your prayers. I know that they really do help!  I love all of you and hope that life is going great.  Remember to keep saying your prayers! :)

Love ya Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment