Nov 10, 2011

November 10, 2011 Letter

Well another week has come and gone.  We are really excited as we see the hand of the Lord working in the lives of those we are teaching.  We have a baptism this Saturday...on Mitchell's Birthday.  We are so excited to see this family all come together in the gospel!   I love them so much!!!

So not only has another week come and gone, but another transfer has also come and gone.   Next Tuesday and Wednesday are transfers.  We're not really sure what will happen.  I feel like I will end up staying here at least another transfer, and Sister Lao thinks she will leave.  I definitely don't want her to.  I will miss her a lot, but I know that the Lord always places us where we are needed the most. 

So this has definitely been a sad week, because of the news of the two Texas missionaries who were killed.  It makes you really think about life.  I know for me it has really put into perspective that, even though we are on the Lord's errand, we are not immune from tragedy.  I do believe that God allows bad things to happen to good people.  Every tragedy is paired with a lesson that can be learned, and an opportunity for growth if we allow it to. It motivates me to live life to its fullest and never allow room for regret or "what ifs..."  I guess with that said, I want each of you to know how much I love you.  I'm thankful for the continuous support that I receive from family and friends.  I don't know how I could do it without you!  I also want each of you to know, that I know, with all my heart that this church is true.  I'm so thankful for the Book of Mormon.  It has pulled me out of some of my darkest times.  There truly is a spirit that comes from reading it.  I will forever be grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice.  I know that even when I'm going through some of my hardest times, that I'm never really alone.  I know that he is always there, walking right beside me.  I'm thankful for modern day prophets, that lead and guide us today.  I'm thankful for their love and their prayers in our behalf.  I know that when we listen to the prophet we will be protected from Satan and the many evils of the world.  I'm so thankful for my family and the knowledge that we can be together forever.  It's such a comfort to me to know that this is not all there is, that there is more to life the just right now, and that I can spend eternities with those that really matter most to me.  I just love the gospel and everything that comes with it.

Well with all of that said, I wanted to let you know that this will also be my last mission blog that I post.  We have been asked by our mission president to discontinue any use of blogs, including that of family members writing things for us.  I've loved writing for a blog and am sad that I can not continue.  But like Nephi, I know that every commandment is given for a reason, even if we don't understand.  And even if I don't understand it's purpose, I am determined to be obedient! Thank you all for talking time to read my letters and experiences.  I've loved getting letters from those of you who have read it.  If you ever want to hear any more mission stories feel free to write me, and I will definitely write back!!!  Thanks for all of your love!!!

Love Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment