Nov 10, 2011

October 20, 2011 Letter

Hey family and friends!

Well this has been another good week.  We worked really hard last week and were able to teach a lot of lessons.  On Sunday we got a call from our zone leaders telling us that we were leading our zone.  That was pretty exciting.  It definitely made us want to keep teaching and doing well.  Although this week we weren't able to teach as many people.  I'm not sure what the difference is, but we will just keep working!  

This last Tuesday we had a huge storm. They haven't had a storm like that since the 1930's.  If you have ever seen "The Mummy."  There is a huge sand storm thing, with the mummys' face in it.  Well that's what we had on Tuesday-minus the face part.  It is called a Hauboob (p.s. i know i spelled that wrong, but that's what it sounds like.)  It was a nice hot day, clear skies...then bamb!  The sky went completely dark.  Our car was even rocking back and forth.  Sirens were going crazy.  It even broke some pretty big trees in half.  The winds ended up getting to 70 mph in some places.  It was pretty intense.  So now we have really cold weather.  It's been an average of 50 or 60 degrees.

Then on Wednesday we had a combined Zone Conference with Elder David S. Baxter of the 1st quorum of the 70.  It was a really good conference.  There were about 50,000 things that I realized that I need to improve on, but it was really good.  You think that, that is how we grow the most--When we realize what we could be doing better, the it gives motivation and the vision of what we really can do to improve.  Needless to say it was great. 

So I guess that's about it for now.  I will keep you updated if anything else cool happens.  Oh and I would like to make an official shout out to the Lao family. Thank you for letting Sister Lao come be my companion.  She's awesome!  She really is such a hard worker and a great missionary.   She would also like me to let you know that she would love a journal and some information on her grandma.  Well hope everything is going well in California.  Happy Birthday Sister Lao, Sister Lao's twin, and Audrey!  Hope it was a good one!

I hope that all of you know how much I love you!  Thank you so much for your love and support!  I couldn't have asked for better families or friends.  My prayers are always with you!

Love Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment