Apr 17, 2011

April 14, 2011 Letter

It's crazy how fast time flies by!!!  This is the last week of our transfers!  I will know on Monday (18th) if I am staying or leaving.  I really hope I stay here, but I feel like I might end up being transfered.  I know that no matter where I go though it will be awesome.  So far we haven't had any baptisms, but Cheryl Sales gets baptized on Saturday!!!  I am so excited for her!!!  She went out of town this week and comes come tonight.  So yesterday my companion and I went and Chalked her entire driveway saying things like, "We Love You!" and "You're gettin' baptized!"  Ha Ha It was really fun!  Also we were supposed to have another baptism with Daniel Juarez on Sunday, but some things have come up and so we had to push it back a week or so.  Hopefully it will all workout soon.  We also have two dates set with two sisters, Neira and Mimi.  They are 16 and 17 years-old.  It's so weird cause when we go over there we all just laugh and have a good time.  I feel like I'm teaching Sammy!  It makes me miss her a lot.  But anyway tons of exciting things have been happening this week!  We have been so busy and have been riding our bikes so much!!!  I swear, when I get home I'm signing up for a bike marathon! Ha Ha Ha

Well today was a really fun Pday.  We went to the Carlsbad Caverns.  It is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world.  We had a member who asked if he could take us down there.  But once we were there we hiked 750 feet down into the ground.  It was pretty awesome. One if the things that the Carlsbad Caverns are know for are the bats!!  CREEPY; I KNOW RIGHT!!!!  Well we didn't hike into the "bat cave" cuz they have it all blocked off.  But they were definitely in there.  Everynight people from all over come and sit in this little ampitheater, and at dusk thousands of bats leave the cave.  So the bats are just right there by your head.  It seems pretty creepy to me!  Not my idea of fun, but it definitely was interesting to learn about.  I will have to send you guys a picture of it!  It's so crazy!!!  So anyway that's pretty much what we did all day today.  It took two hours to drive there, then three hours to hike it.  If you are ever in the area you should definitely go!  It's definitely worth seeing!

I'm not sure what else is really new around here....Just working hard and having fun.  We have met a few crazy people lately, but that's not really news, cuz that happens all the time here in Roswell. Ha Ha Ha

So I guess I never really told you about our apartment, but It's really nice.  It is more like a little town home.  We have a garage, and two rooms, a pretty big kitchen and living room.  It's also in a really nice area!!

Conference was great I loved it and took tons of notes.

Well I have to run, but I will write home soon! Love you guys!!!

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment