Apr 28, 2011

April 28, 2011 Letter

So things have been going really well here in Roswell.  Like I said last week we are now in a three-some.  Sister Sainsbury, Sister Robinson and myself are just having some amazing experiences here.  We are starting to find so many new investigators and we are trying to set some baptismal dates with quite a few of them.  One of the most amazing things about our new investigators is that they have almost all come from member referrals.  It's amazing how much easier the work can become when you have the support of the members.  I love that we have such a mission-minded ward.  Everyone is just so willing to come teaching with us, helping to fellowship those around us, and just help to find those that are ready to hear the gospel.  It's just amazing!! 

One thing that I have really learned a lot about since Sister Sainsbury got here is about prayer!  I mean, I've always known how important prayer can be...but she has really helped me to see how much we really need it.  As missionaries we pray ALL the TIME!!!  Ha Ha We pray in the morning, at meals, before study, after study, before companionship study, after companionship study, before and every time we leave the house, before bed, etc....  So to me, I felt like we were already praying a lot.  Little did I know, you can always pray more.  One of the cool experiences that we had this week with prayer had to do with one of our new investigators Daniel M.  He is in is 50's and we just weren't really sure how committed he was to his appointments.  We figured we would give him the benefit of the doubt.  So on our way home for the night we stopped and Brother Chamber's home (he's a member)  and asked if he would be willing to come to Daniels appointment with us the next day.  Brother Chambers explained to us that him and his wife would be going out of town that next morning and wouldn't be able to make it.  We said that we would just try to catch him for a different time.  Well then we continued throughout the night.  When we finished with our next appointment we looked at our phone and we had a message.  It was from Brother Chambers, he told us that him and his wife would postpone their vacation so that he could come with us.  We were just at a stand still.  We didnt know what to do.  On one hand we really would love someone to come to the appointment, and Brother Chambers would be the perfect fellowship.  But on the other had we weren't sure how reliable Daniel would be, and we wouldn't want Brother Chambers to cancel his vacation for the appointment to just fall through.  After sitting their debating with each other for about ten minutes, Sister Sainsbury suggested that we pray about it.  For a second I hesitated, because I didn't want to be the crazy intense kind of missionary who prays for EVERY SINGLE DECISION.  but then I had to ask my self..."Sister Tracy, why are you here? Who are you serving?  and why would you not be willing to pray for something so simple?"  I realized that my pride was getting in the way of the Lords work. That we could only gain from praying to know what to do.  So, we parked on the side of the road and prayed to know what to do.  After the prayer we all just sat in silence trying to think and listen for those answers, that we knew could come.  Almost in unison Sister Sainsbury and I said, "I feel good about it!"  We called and confirmed the appointment with Brother Chambers.  The next day we all met up at Daniels house, and not only had he kept his commitment to be at the appointment, but he had also read all of 1 Nephi and payed to know that it was true!!!  He said he loved  it and couldn't get enough! It also turns out that Brother Chambers was even more perfect for Daniel then we could have ever imagined!!  They had so much in common and Brother Chambers was able to share is conversion story, and how it was the book of mormon that helped him make the decision. It is amazing to see how the Lord will provide the way.  Sometimes we just need to have the faith and then be willing to pray to know where to go and how to serve.  It was a little thing, but all of us saw it as the miracle that it was!

I love it here on my mission.  I love seeing those little miracles every single day!  I am so thankful for the gospel in my life!   I know this is right where I need to be!  I miss you all and love you tons!  I can't wait to call home and talk to you all next week!!

Love Ya Forever,

Sister Tracy!

No comments:

Post a Comment