Apr 21, 2011

April 21, 2011 - Letter

I had my first baptism this week.    Chery Sales got baptized on April 16!  I have never seen anyone more happy!  It's amazing to see how far she has come.  I just love missionary work!  The other baptism we had didn't go through, but we are still working with Daniel.  Also we have a date set for the two sisters Neira and Mimi.  There date is set for the 30th, but it is also prom day so we might end up pushing it back for the next week.

I still can't believe how fast time flys by!  It's already the start of my third transfer.  I was possitive that I was getting transfered.  I had over heard the zone leaders talking about it and everything.  Well guess what...I'm staying in Roswell for at least another 6 weeks!! :)  and to top it off we got a third companion!!  Her name is Sister Sainsbury!  She is from Murry, Utah and is so funny.  Both her and Sister Robinson were MTC companions.  So now they are reunied.  They both go home in three months.  So who knowns what wil happen.  They just might keep me here forever so I can show the new sisters that come to roswell the area.

well our big focus in the mission right now is faith!!!  The average amount of baptisms a month here is 40.  We have never beat 42.  Well President Robison had a conference with some of the 70, and twelve apostles. Elder Ballard told him that if we had faith we could baptize in the upper 80s!!!!  So we all fasted as a mission last week so that we could start working towards that goal.  In the next month we want to hit 50!  It would be a mission high.  One thing that really stuck out to me is something that President told us on a conference call.  He said, "Hope is the faith that if we act now miracles will occur!"  What a true statement!  I know that if we can all just build our faith, miracles really will occur in our lives!  I love this gospel so much.  It has changed my life in so many different ways.  I am thankful for the chance that I have been given to serve a mission!  I miss and love you all so much!

Love Forever,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment