Apr 2, 2011

March 31, 2011 Letter

WOW!!!   I can't believe it's already April. (or at least, almost April!)  Time sure does just fly by!!!  So far I have loved every single second of my experience here!  We have had our share of bad and good times, but I wouldn't trade a second of it!  I know I sound like a broken record but I know this is exactly where I need to be right now!!   It's crazy how the Lord knows exactly what we need, ever before we ever realize it!
  
This last week has been really good!  I've gotten a new sense of enthusiasm!!  My companion and I have set some awesome goals and we are just not letting anything get us down!  It's amazing having someone to lean on during the good and bad times.  We are able to support and encourage each other in everything we do!  I'm so thankful for Sister Robinson!  I don't know how I'd do it without her!   This week was big of coarse just because we finally got a house!!  We where officially homeless for a month, but we were finally able to move into our new apartment last Friday!!!  It feels so great to finally be able to settle down and get back on track!  It is a pretty big place.  Two bedrooms and a big living room!  We even have a garage!  It is really nice, and we just don't even know what to do with all of the space! :)

Last Pday we went to the Roswell Zoo!  It wasn't the best ever but for how small Roswell is, I was pretty impressed! Ha Ha I LOVE THE ZOO!!  It just felt like we were little kids again running around and getting all excited about the monkeys and Leopards!!!!

We were also able to start teaching a few new families this week!  One of our new investigators names is Kaylee.  She is about to turn 9, and her grandparents really want her to get baptized!  I got to go to primary with her last Sunday and it was so much fun!  I love little kids so much!  They are just innocent and have such strong desires to do what is right!  They all are just trying so hard to do what is right!  Our world with be so much better if we would all just try to be more like them!

This week was just great for two reasons!  First off, Cheryl Sales got interviewed for her baptismal date and she is good to go!!! :) She has gone over two weeks without smoking now and is so excited to get baptized!!  Words just can't describe how much I love this Woman!!!   I can't wait for her to be baptized!  Her original date was set for the 9th, but her whole family really wants to come.  They aren't all members and so we are so excited that they are all so supportive of her.  Anyway, they are going out of town that day, so we have to push it back a week, but we are still so excited for her!!!!  The second amazing thing that happened was that I set a baptismal date!  So far Sister Robinson has been the one to ask everyone, but last Friday I set one with a boy named Daniel.  It's the first one I've done all on my own!!! :)  He came to church last week and said he just loved it!  He has been reading a ton from the Book of Mormon and says he knows it's true.  He will tell us all these stories about the people who feed him anti about the church and how he totally defends us, and says he knows their comments are so dumb and they have no clue what they are talking about! Ha Ha I'm so excited for him.  We also set his date for the 16th.  We are so excited for both of them!  The work is really starting to come along.  It's amazing how the Lord blesses us when we start to be more obedient and really try to strengthen of faith in finding.

In Alma 21, in the Book of Mormon, it talks about Aaron and his brethren.  They go forth to teach the gospel to the Amalekites.  They are then imprisoned.  The people have rejected their words, and yet they don't loose their faith.  It says that they suffered many things, but the second they got out they went straight back into the city and began preaching!  They knew how important it was, and so nothing could stop them! Eventually many people listened to them and many believed on their words.  I think many times that's how life is. We try to do what is right and then the bad comes.  But during those bad times we can not loose our faith!  If we just keep persevering God will eventually bless us and we can have great success in our lives!  I love you all so much!  I pray for you and wish you all the best!  Don't give up and keep going!  I know the Lord strengthens us in our adversities!

Love

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment