Jun 23, 2011

June 23, 2011 - Letter

Hey!!!  So this week has been pretty busy!!!!  We have been teaching a lot of lessons, and trying to get new investigators.  So far we are up to four new investigators and they are all really awesome people!!!  Missionary work here is just going great!!!!

So I don't know if you all know what a Ham Radio is, but if you have one there is a thing they are doing this weekend from 12pm Sat-12pm sun.  People from all over the world get on their radios and try to talk to each other.  Whoever gets the most signals wins the contest.  So anyway my companion and I are going to see our investigator is really into the Ham Radio stuff on Saturday around noon.  If you have a radio you should listen in and see if you can here us! :)  Our code is KA5B (3AlphaNM)

So let's see....crazy story for the week.   Well, yesterday we were riding on our bikes.  I was on the sidewalk (cause I thought it would be safer then the busy road)  when I looked up and saw another lady on her bike, heading my way.  I was nervous cause I didn't think that she was going to scoot over.  well we had just almost cleared each other, when she accidentally bumped me, I hit a pole and flipped my bike.  Okay, keep in mind, we are on one of the busiest roads in Clovis and I'm wearing a skirt!  So pretty much I flashed all of Clovis.  And then to top in off I got pretty scraped up!  I have a pretty nice looking gash in my knee.  And the back of my calf looks like a shark got to it.  Ugh!  Ha Ha I look pretty frazzled and it's been rough trying to walk around, cause it hurts pretty bad.  But I'll tell you what!  It's going to make a nice battle wound to take home.  :) Ha Ha

Well I just absolutely love it here!  The mission is the best choice that I could have ever made!  Every day we get to experience something new that helps us grow.   There are moments when we will go to teach someone, and will have their lesson all planned out.  And then when you start talking, you realized that you are sharing a whole new message, and a whole different subject.  But then they start to cry and you know, you KNOW, that it was just what Heavenly Father needed them to hear.  Our Heavenly Father really does work in mysterious ways.  Many times he is trying to speak to us, but we are just to blind to see it.  Being on a mission had really helped me to open my mind to accepting the will of our Heavenly Father.  Just being able to sit back and relax as the hard times role in, knowing that God sure does know what he's doing, is a rare possession.  I know without a doubt that he has bigger things in store for me then I ever could have imagined!  i just need to sit back and enjoy the ride.  I know everything works out for our benefit in the end.  We just have to have the faith to know that he really is always there for us.  Once we have that faith we can see how blessed we really are.

I love all of you so much!  My prayers are with you!.

Love Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment