Aug 4, 2011

August 4, 2011 Letter

Okay this week has been a pretty awesome one.   We have been really busy and trying to find new investigators.  On Sunday sister Hamaker and I sat down and talked about things that we could do to be more obedient.  We decided that we could just be better on every aspect!  So Monday we just started to do the very best we possibly could.  That day we got two new investigators!  They are from Sudan!  They are a pretty big family, and the twins, who are 14 were baptized a few months ago.  Well when we went to visit them, the mom started to go off like crazy speaking in her home language.  The son who is 18 came up to translate and said that she really wanted to be baptized.  The son said that he would also like to be baptized!  They also have a house full of ten other people, who we are going to meet with on Saturday!  I can not even wait!!   The are such an awesome family!  The language barrier may be hard, but I know that we can do it!

Then on Tuesday we had our interviews with President Augustin.  It went really well, and it was really nice to be able to get to know him better.  Then we went out to work.  Where we were able to find three new investigators.  They were formers and when we met them the dad was like, "Yes!  We need this in our lives right now!"  so we are going back to see them tomorrow.

We also had a Haitian family move in.  We were told that the dad is a member but the rest of the family is not.  Their previous bishop said that  the family wants to be baptized but that no one can communicate with them!  They speak French. So The mission president told me to go to the library and pick up a french dictionary.  They gave me a french Book of Mormon and we are going to try and teach them.  I took three and a half years of French and never in a million years thought that I would be able to use it on a mission to Lubbock, Texas.  But it turns out that God knows where we need to be.  I can't speak it fluently, but I can understand enough to get by.  I can read from the book of Mormon, and I know that if it's the Lord's will we will be able to teach this family to help them come closer to Christ!  The Lord really does work in mysterious ways.

Then on Wednesday we had Zone Conference!  It was AMAZING!!  It was so spiritual and it really made me want to be better!!  One of my favorite things that I heard yesterday was from Sister Augustin.  She said, "Obediencee brings blessings, strict obedience brings miracles."  That quote just really hit me.  We really have two choices, one we can do what's right and just scratch by or we can give our whole heart and more!   I know that I want to give my whole heart and more, and that by doing so we really will see the miracles that the Lord has promised us!  We also talked a lot about the Resurrection.  A lot of times in the church and especially in missionary work we talk about the Atonement all the time, but that's usually where we stop.  But really it's the Resurrection that makes it all possible.  We did a few sessions where we would practice teaching with the other missionaries.  And in one circumstance we were supposed to be teaching a recent convert, and talk about how the Resurrection and atonement had helped them get to that point.  The spirit was so unreal!  It was just pure spirit!  We were all crying.  The power of the Atonement in peoples lives, not only our own, but those of the people that we teach and love, is so incredible.  I am forever indebted to my Savior for his loving sacrifice.  I would be so lost with out him.  I couldn't be where I am today if it had not been for the Atonement and the reality of Jesus Christ's resurrection!  My deepest hope is that all of you will take some time this week and really think about what the atonement has done for you in your lives.  Of how it's brought you where you are today, or how it's going to help you become what you want to be!  This gospel really is so perfect and is perfect for each one of us.  We just have to have the faith to take that step and follow Christ's example.

I hope everything is going well for all of you and can't wait to hear back!   Things are going great here.  I love and miss you all so much!

Love Always,

Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment