Aug 25, 2011

August 25, 2011 Letter

Okay so this week has been super crazy!  I guess I'll jump forward a bit and start by telling you that I am no longer in Amarillo, Texas.  I am now serving in the Canyon West Ward, in Lubbock, Texas!  Also...I'm a trainer! The call definitely came as a shock to me. Ha ha  I wasn't expecting it, but I'm excited for this new adventure.  My companions name is Sister Lao.  She is Phillippino and is from California.  She's 23, and is already a rock star missionary.  I think that we are going to have a lot of success this next transfer.  So another huge change that they are making here is in the training program.  The church just released a whole new program for training.  It is now a requirement for new missionaries to be with their trainers for 12 weeks.  They've also added an additional hour of companion study, and everything is laid out on what we are supposed to learn and teach them.  The idea is that we are training them so that at the end of the 12 weeks they would be prepared to train someone else.  We are the first ones to test it out.  So we are kind of the Guinea pigs.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm sure it will be great. I'll definitely keep you all updated.

My new address is:

5402 66th St. #404
Lubbock, TX 79424

Okay so Now I guess I'll go back to my last week in Amarillo.  Sarah Salinas got baptized on Sunday!   It was honestly one of the most spiritual baptisms I've ever seen.  The spirit was so strong and we had awesome support from the ward. We had a few investigators who came as well!  Amarillo 2nd is just on fire right now!   Mary, Dominic, and James are all getting baptized this next Sunday as well!  I am SO sad that I am going to miss it, but I am so happy for them all the same!   Sister Hamaker promised to take pictures of it so when I get copies I will let you all know for sure. 

My last day in Amarillo was a crazy exciting one as well!  We finally got to meet that family from Haiti!  They are so awesome!!   I couldn't understand everything, because they were speaking Haitian.  But I could understand bits and pieces cause part of the language is French.  I gave them both of the Haitian Book of Mormons' that dad gave me and they absolutely loved it!  We set a date with them for September 11.  I am sad that I'm going to miss that one too.  But really I just love seeing people make commitments to be baptized!   You can just see the faith in their eyes!  I love the gospel!

I wish that I had more to tell you about my new area, but as of right now I've only been here one day.  The ward seems super supportive and nice!  They are just on fire about missionary work!   We are excited to get to work and find those that have been prepared by our Heavenly Father to hear about the gospel! 

Well I hope you all know how much I love you!  Thank you so much for all of your support and your prayers!   I know that God is watching out for us here in the Texas Lubbock Mission!   My prayers are with all of you constantly.  I hope everything is going well and hopefully I'll get to talk to you all soon! 

Love Always,

Sister Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment